Facelifts, or technically known as a rhytidectomy, is cosmetic operations that make patients appear younger. In facelift procedures, surgeons reshape the lower half of patients' faces by removing extra skin on their face.
A facelift operation can tighten the sagging skin around the patient's jawbone, known as jowline. It is also effective in removing deep wrinkles and solving the problem of double chin. Typically, the facelift targets the lower face and sometimes the neck if it is affected by the signs of aging. The procedure does not involve an eyelid lift, the eyelid lift is often performed separately.
When combined with other surgeries that improve the forehead, cheeks, eyebrows and eyelids, facelifts can rejuvenate a person 15 years and older.
Statistics show that facelift operations are becoming more and more popular every year around the world. Along with the growing number of women who have facelifts, these operations are also becoming popular among men.
Are you a good candidate for Facelift?
There are several factors that determine if you are a good candidate for a facelift. If you are a suitable candidate, it means your results will be better. Here is a list of these factors:
- Patients with high blood pressure and diabetes may have a higher risk of facing complications. Any complications during surgery will negatively affect the outcome.
- Having good bone structure and good skin elasticity is a big plus for patients. These will positively affect your results.
- If you have had serious medical problems in the past, we cannot recommend that you have a facelift. It is better if the patient is in good health, both physically and mentally.
- Smoking has been shown to increase the risk of complications after surgery. This can cause problems during the healing period. If you are used to smoking, you should stop smoking at least a week before your operation.
- Aspirin and other blood thinners can cause complications during the operation. You will probably bleed during the operation, which could cause problems. You should stop taking these medicines at least one week before your operation.
- If you have realistic expectations and you meet these criteria just mentioned, then you will have satisfactory results.
Information to know before the operation:
Your surgeon will do some tests and review your medical history before the operation. These will help your surgeon determine if you are a good candidate for the surgery.
Here is a list that your surgeon can check before your surgery:
- Your blood clotting and if you are using an anticoagulant medicine
- Your blood pressure
- Any skin conditions you may have, including scarring
- Whether you smoke or not
- What medicines are you taking if you are taking
- Whether you use drugs or not
- Whether you have allergies or not
Then your doctor will inform you about the stages of your surgical facelift, will give you some details. Also, find out what type of anesthesia he or she will apply.
You will also learn more about the recovery period after your operation and the type of complications that can occur during or after your recovery. We believe that educating patients could help this industry improve. Providing our patients with the information they need is one of our principles that we follow closely.
We also listen to your goals and expectations of this operation and come up with a plan that will satisfy you. However, giving a realistic picture to you is important. This helps you know what to expect from your operation. Our experts also take your skin type and bone structure into account when planning your operation.
The operation Process :
Facelift surgeries are quick and easy operations that take little time. Surgeons usually apply local anesthesia to the target area before the operation. This eliminates any pain that the patient might be feeling.
The operation can last 3 to 4 hours maximum. Once the procedure is finished, the patient can then go home immediately. They do not require any downtime in the hospital.
In more traditional applications of facelift operations, surgeons cut a line from the patient's lower ear to their hair. The surgeon removes the skin, lifts it and gently stretches the skin. Once the surgeon has determined whether the stretch is sufficient, he then begins to remove the additional skin. This tightens the skin and gives the patient a more youthful appearance.
Surgeons can also perform this exact procedure on the chin area. They cut a small line under the chin, lift the skin and stretch it. This procedure is also called a neck lift.
Once surgeons remove the excess skin, they then close these cuts with sutures and staples. They place mini towels over these cuts so that they can drain any blood or fluid that might be leaking. Finally, they apply bandages and you are good to go home. A medical follow-up and counselors will be with you after the operation until full recovery.
The results after operation:
Face lift surgeries make patients look younger, smoother, and more beautiful. Doctors manage to:
- Remove and tighten excess skin hanging over the face
- Reduction of wrinkles around the cheeks, forehead and lips
- Lifting the corners of the mouth which gives a well-rested appearance
- Reduce sagging cheeks along the jawline
They provide exceptional results and will meet the needs of patients. However, we would have been lying if we said that there are no downsides to these procedures.
Another disadvantage is that facelifts are not permanent or the patient has not had a medical follow-up. 1 in 4 patients report that the effects of their surgery wore off 5 years after the operation.
So, you should be able to trust your surgeon in such operations. If your surgeon is experienced, you will get the most out of the surgery. These operations are somewhat artistic procedures, so the skills of your surgeon are very important.
Instructions to follow after the operation:
You should take your medications prescribed by your doctor if you experience pain or discomfort.
You should not take a shower for 2 days after the operation.
You should try to keep your head elevated with pillows for a few days after surgery, which helps reduce your swelling.
You must give yourself 2 weeks before resuming your daily activity.
You should wait 4 weeks before doing any strenuous activity, such as exercising.
You should avoid sauna and massage for at least 2 weeks after the operation.
You need to protect yourself from direct sunlight.
You should continue to avoid aspirin and any blood thinners that could cause bleeding after the operation.
Operation Cost in Turkey
The costs or price of this operation differs depending on the patient. Your surgeon will first analyze your situation and listen to your expectations. Only then could we come up with a personalized plan of operation and a price. Without consultation, it is not possible for you to know how much your operation will cost. Contact us for more information on facelift costs.
Our doctors can offer you a personalized payment plan that will suit you. Register by writing down your phone number and name with the desired transaction.